Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bob Carlisle “Getting Stronger"

 
I heard Bob Carlisle’s song, “Getting Stronger” the other day and have had this blog on my mind since then (website and lyrics below).  I thought of how the enemy lies to Christians saying because of their mistakes or weaknesses people will never see them as strong Christians.  The other lie he tells us is  you cannot be used because you don’t have it “all together”.  Whatever that means. 

I am here to declare…if you are on your knees (as the song lyrics say) and in God’s Word,  you are getting stronger, because the Lord is making you stronger – in Him, not in yourself.  

Maybe last month, or even yesterday, you didn’t feel strong. Maybe you gave in to discouragement, depression, or self-pity, or even sin. Don’t let the enemy tell you you are a failure.  Today is a new day. Ask for forgiveness for lack of faith and ask the Lord to increase your faith today.  Don’t allow guilt to keep you from the progress the Lord is making in your life.

Read Hebrews chapter 11.  It is one of the most encouraging chapters in the Bible on how to get stronger…by faith.
By Faith They Overcame
Hebrews 11:30-34
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. 31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

I know the Lord is changing me every day.  I believed it first even when I didn’t feel it, now I can feel it.  I can feel the strength and the change.  Not in strength in myself, but faith in His strength.

(This is the YouTube website to cut and paste into your browser).


GETTING STRONGER by Bob Carlisle
I used to lay awake at night
Wondering was I wrong or right
I was a prisoner of my fear
Only you

I was a kind of man who'd build a wall
And be the biggest fool of them all
Had a hard time letting go
Till I was broken

Look me in the eyes
Tell me what you see
I'm not the same man
That I used to be

If you see me on my knees
It's not because I'm weak
I'm getting stronger
If you see me start to cry
You'll know the reason why
I'm getting stronger

Well I find myself face to face
In the presence of amazing grace
And I it's all I ever wanted to be
Only you

Look me in the heart
Tell me what you see
I'm not the same man
That I used to be

If you see me on my knees
It's not because I'm weak
I'm getting stronger
If you see me start to cry
You'll know the reason why
I'm getting stronger

Another song by Bob Carlisle is also a powerful encouragement is “We Fall Down”.  The YouTube I have below is very moving.  Just cut and paste it into your browser.


Getting stronger with my sisters in the Lord!
Blessings,   Pat

No comments: