Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

God Does Answer Prayers

I don’t know why we are always surprised when the Lord answers our prayers.  Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”  That is because the desire of your heart will line up with His will because you will know Him and His heart.

Oh, the desire of my heart is to be pleasing to the Lord. The 5 “R”s are the cry of my heart to the Lord.  (You will find other posts explaining them more.)

1) Renew my mind
2) Revive my spirit
3) Reinvent what I do, how I do things, etc.
             ( I am in my 60s. It is never too old to change.)
4) Reveal. Reveal those things in me that are not Christ like.
               The deep things that I have not acknowledged
5) Restore. Restore what is broken in my life. Restore the joy.

I’m adding a 6th “R” as the Lord reveals things I need to have done…Regenerate.  Regenerate those things in me that have lost their strength and power.

After getting back into town this past Thursday, I was so emotionally exhausted that I almost didn’t go to the Don Moen concert we had tickets for for over a month.  Many from our church were going to be there, so I didn’t want to disappoint them, nor my husband, so I went.

The concert was very good and my husband and I both felt washed of the stress and exhaustion we have been feeling.  However, one other thing happened that, at the time was so insignificant, I didn’t think about it until I got home. 

One of the biggest Christian radio stations was there hosting and promoting one of their programs and were giving out little flyers with a free ebook.  So, I picked one up during intermission.  No big deal, right?!

When I got home I read the title of the ebook by Randy Carlson. He has a program on the radio called, Intentional Living, a ministry of Family Life Communications Incorporated and Parent Talk, Inc. with a mission of transforming the world through the power of living an intentional life
in Christ.


Now remember one of my 5 “R”s was “reinvent”.  The name of the ebook was, “Really Live – When Getting By Isn’t Good Enough”.  That has been the feeling inside my heart, I don’t want to just “get by” and settle in to the same old routine and being comfortable.  I want God to really change me and reinvent what I do in this life.  To make my life make a difference now and the rest of my life.

So, He is giving me insight on how to take one more step to renewal and reinvention through this ebook. (If you want a copy of it and go on the journey to really living, with Randy Carlson, go to his website: http://www.theintentionallife.com/.)  Join the journey to renewal and reinvention.

God does orchestrate our lives, in ways we don’t expect and at times we don’t expect, to answer our prayers and to help us.  How I thank and praise Him.  Look for His leadings and His answers.

Blessings,     Pat

No comments: