Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Monday, February 20, 2012

Blessed

 
I know this post isn’t too inspiring, but this is what I have been doing over the weekend and I thought I would share it instead of just not putting anything.  Hope you enjoy it.

My two grandDSCN1182daughters (Katie 11 (right) and Haley 10 (left) just left after having been here since Saturday. No school Friday or Monday. They were so excited to see their cousin Allie (middle), my 18-year old granddaughter who is staying with us for a while. I am so blessed to have such a close-knit family even though we are hours away from each other.
 
We got into sewing while they were here. They both wanted to design a bag to carry their hobbies in. 
DSCN1205
Katie is into string art for bracelets and has so much thread she didn’t know what to do with it.  So, we went to the fabric store and picked out vibrant fabrics they liked. 
DSCN1195 
 
Katie wanted something to put all her strings in, so she designed this little bag that folds up.  It took a while to figure out how to do it with no pattern, but it was fun to work with her. 
DSCN1197
It has twelve pockets and folds up into thirds and then in half so she can easily carry it.  It is also lined.


DSCN1192
Haley wanted a bag to put her art supplies in. She had a big drawing pad that she couldn’t find anything to carry it in.  So, she designed this. DSCN1194











What a joy to be able to pass on my “once love” for sewing.  I don’t have much time or desire to sew much anymore, however, it is a wonderful skill to have and I’m tickled that four of my granddaughters want to learn.

 DSCN1179Even my eighteen year old granddaughter is learning to make her own summer dresses while she is here.

It takes a lot of energy and time to teach them, but I feel it is important to pass those things along that we have been taught, whether it is sewing, or my first love – Jesus Christ.
DSCN1188
Blessings,  Pat

No comments: