Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lost in His Presence

Yesterday, Sunday, I was weepy all day, with no apparent reason.  Even during the sermon, which was my husbands’, I just couldn’t focus.  My heart was heavy and the tear level was just about ready to overflow with every song. 

My 18-year old granddaughter is staying with me for a while and we have gotten into some wonderful conversations about the Lord. She loves the Lord with all her heart.   It is such a joy having her.

Last night, I started crying when we started talking about the Lord and getting close to Him. I was a little surprised, but realized I was longing to be lost in the presence of the Lord.  Just to sit in His presence and soak in His love and peace.  Knowing at the same time, she needed to do that also. 

We talked about how during our quiet time with the Lord or our reading the Bible, we focus so much on “what we need to do” and not on “who He is”.  The world of needs swirls around us (everyone) so much that we tend to get lost in it, instead of the Lord

Yet, throughout the Bible, the Lord says to seek Him, with all our heart…” and that will be where we find peace.  Peace is not in a situation.  Peace is the person of Jesus Christ.  We need to get to know Him, not so much what He wants us to be or do. 
Colossians 3:2 (NKJV) reads,  “Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth”. 
Hebrews 12:2 (NASB) - “fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
It has been a while since I have turned worship music on softly and just sat and let my thoughts be focused on the Lord and who He is and tell Him how much I love Him.   When I have taken the time (sometimes in the wee hours of the morning), the Lord has been so sweet to meet me.  I am missing that and need to take time again soon. 

It is a lot like our marriages.  We go along day to day, loving each other and talking about what happens during the day.  We hug and kiss each other daily.  We know things are okay.  But, then there are times when we just long to have those moments when we just enjoy each other, locking the world out.  We don’t talk about the kids, or the church, or anything else accept each other and our love for each other.  Just holding hands and looking in each others’ eyes.  Words don’t need to be spoken. 

When we have those moments with the Lord they are so precious.  The difference is, we are with the King of kings, the Creator of the Universe, Lord of lords who sits on His Throne.  Our God!  How awe-some in the real sense.  My heart is overwhelmed with His majesty and most of all His love. 

I am so thankful He puts that longing in our hearts.  That just tells me He wants to spend time with us also.  He longs for our fellowship.  

Lord Jesus, thank you for never giving up on us and drawing our hearts towards you.  

El Roi – “The God who sees me” – (you).  Who knows everything about us.(Genesis 16:;13-14)

Blessings,
Pat

No comments: