Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Friday, March 2, 2012

Facing Any Giants? Part 3

 
I went to 1 Samuel 17 and read the story. Goliath was 9 feet 9 inches tall. He was quite intimating and that is exactly what he wanted to be to the Israelites. Many of you might be familiar with this story.

“Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, “Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me. If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects; but if I overcome him and kill him, you will become our subjects and serve us.” Then the Philistine said, “This day I defy the armies of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other.” On hearing the Philistine’s words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified” .

Verse 16 said, “For forty days the Philistine came forward every morning and evening and took his stand”. But then came David, who said to Goliath, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.” (verse 45)

All David had was a slingshot and five stones. He slung one stone and it took Goliath down. It wasn’t the stone that killed the giant, it was the power of the Lord.

So, I told that giant in my life, “in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Heaven, you are coming down!” I threw a spiritual stone at him—The Word of God and he came down.  Praise the Lord!

Part 4, the conclusion continues tomorrow.
Blessings,
Pat

No comments: