Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolutions

Every year, before January 1st, like thousands of others, I have taken time out to list some goals I really wanted to reach in the coming new year. Whether any of them were reached or not, only the Lord knows.  I lost the list a few weeks into the month and forgot what was written.  Life just took over. 

Nothing that happened over the last two years was any where near what I wanted or thought would happen.  Many reading this probably feel the same way. So this year, I decided to surrender all my plans to the Lord.  

Isaiah 55:9 says, "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts". 

Smith Wigglesworth, one of my favorite classic Christian writers, wrote, "God has a plan beyond anything we have ever known.  He has a plan for every individual life, and if we have any other plan in view, we miss the grandest plan of all".

He continued, "There is a way that God establishes.  In our human planning, we may experience blessings of a kind, but we also undergo trials, hardships, and barrenness that God would have kept from us if we had followed His way.  I realize through the anointing of the Holy Spirit that there is a freshness, a glow, a security in God where you can know that God is with you all the time.  There is a place to reach where all that God has for us can flow through us to a needy world all the time".

I want to reach that place in God.  To know that God can use me and flow through me is so important.  But the cry of my heart is to know Him more fully and deeply. That is my prayer for myself this year and for those I know and love.

In His hands,
Pat

Ref: Smith Wigglesworth Devotional, Whitaker House, 1999.

No comments: