Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Friday, January 27, 2012

Proverbs 31:20-21–Day 10

Proverbs 31:20 - 21, “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet”.

This is the last day on our 10 Days of Proverbs 31.  What a journey!

Opening our arms to the poor and extending our hands to the needy, doesn’t necessarily mean having them live with us.  There are so many other ways to help.  This was a unique mission from the Lord and I would not recommend anyone do it unless they know, without a shadow of a doubt that it is from the Lord.  You will know.  If you are married, the Lord will speak to both of you.  I have a friend who’s husband would not even think about it so it would not be something the Lord would ask her to do. 

So, before engaging in any activity to help the poor that involves your household, please know it is the Lord.  There were times if we didn’t know the Lord had sent them we would not have done as well.  It was His grace and mercy that saw everyone through this journey. 

Thank you for commenting and encouraging along the way.  I pray it has been inspiring in what the Lord is calling you to do to open your arms to the poor and extend your hands to the needy.  And, not to fear, for the Lord is our provider.  Praise the Lord.

In summary,

I’ve learned that everything I was a little nervous about worked out and God provided.

I’ve learned that God has a plan that is far beyond what mine is.

I’ve learned that He wants to expand the borders of our tents to bless us.

I’ve learned to trust God when I am in need. (Not to fear for her household.) 

I’ve learned that God’s love toward us is bigger than His hate for the sin we commit. 

I’ve learned to relax about things I used to get upset over. 

I’ve learned that God’s ways are much higher than mine.

I’ve learned that I have absolutely no control over anything. That God sits on the Throne and knows so much better than I do.

And soooo much more!   

Blessings,   Pat

No comments: