Quote for the Day: Psalm 63:8, "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."

Friday, January 20, 2012

Proverbs 31:20-21 -Day 3

Proverbs 31:20 - 21, “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet”.

I looked up the word “extend” and the definition was to: “stretch out; draw out to the full length”. The Lord wants to stretch the borders of our tents and some times it is unexpected. 

The Blessing…continued from Day 2 

     Rob and Beth started relaxing after a little while.  The baby needed a diaper change and fed, so they tended to that.  Babies have a way of breaking the ice.  They asked me if I wanted to hold him.  I was hoping they would.  He was so precious. 

Riley1     I took them upstairs to the bedroom where they would be sleeping.  The first thing Beth did was sit on the side of the bed.  She said they hadn’t slept in a bed for a very long time.  Rob asked if we minded if he took a shower? “Of course not”, I said.  When Rob was done with his shower, she decided she wanted one too.  Oh, how we take beds, clean sheets and showers for granted. 

     Baby Robbie had fallen asleep in my arms. When they had freshened up, my husband had returned home.  We all sat in the living room and talked about how they ended up at the church, what their situation was and their families.  I don’t want to go into the details of their families, except to say they were dysfunctional and abusive. My first thought was, “how in the world had they not gotten into drugs or crime or something awful?”.  When I asked them that question, they said they had seen enough of it and didn’t want to go down that road.  And especially now, they didn’t want little Robbie to experience what they had. 

     It was getting late, so we told them to go upstairs and rest, then we would meet the next morning and figure something out. Beth took the baby and they went upstairs and closed the door.  I heard the TV go on so I knew they were feeling comfortable. 

     For some reason, though they were total strangers, I had peace and was not anxious a bit for them to be sleeping right across the hall from us. There was such a presence of the Lord that night.  My husband laughed and said, “I know it is the Lord because this just isn’t something you do”.  The Lord had given us such peace.  After we prayed for guidance and wisdom, we slept all through the night.  
  
Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Read more of the story in Day 4 of Proverbs 31.
In His Care, Pat

No comments: